South Korean Kong Il-Keun's team cloned cats after modifying a gene to change their skin colour. To clone the cats, Kong's team used skin cells of the mother cat. They modified its genes to make them fluorescent by using a virus, which was transplanted into the ova. The ova were then implanted into the womb of the donor cat.
Wow! The uses of a flourescent feline are endless.
- You could attach your keys to their collar and never loose track of the keys at night again!
- You could match your pet cats to your skittles.
- You could find all the annoying cat hair on your furniture and clothes just by flashing an ultraviolet light.
- They would be the hit at any "Rave".
- Hmmmm....what about Reindeer? Could there possibly be a "genuine" Rudolf with this technology? Come on Korea! Show us what you got!